“How in the world do you make sure all the bills are paid and do a budget when you don’t really have an idea of your monthly income?” I asked.
“It just always seems to work out”, he said, “God is good”.
This is part of a conversation I had over a year ago with a Chiropractic doctor who runs part of his business on what is known as The Gift Economy. Basically, patients pay what they can afford and regardless of what they pay, they receive the same quality of service as any other patient. In fact, because he has a brick and mortar office, he has a money box where people can make their payment and he has no idea how much they put in there.
Fascinating and scary business practice. Fascinating because it actually works. Scary because my financial mindset just can’t seem to wrap my mind around the “I don’t know my income for the month” part. I mean, I can’t budget “I don’t know”. I need a number. A solid number. Preferably one that is higher than my outgo so I’m not “in the hole” each month.
For whatever reason, in recent weeks, my mind keeps coming back to this conversation about The Gift Economy. In my three years of business I have never operated my business with this practice.
What if I did and what if it worked?
What if the financial coach operated a business where people paid what they could afford? What would happen? Just asking this questions makes me heart palpitate a little bit and I can feel the anxiety creeping in. Which, some would believe means that this is the right thing to do.
Because its scary.
Because it’s SUCH an uncommon business practice.
Because it’s not exactly a “best practices of profit earning” business model.
BUT, what if it worked? How many MORE people could I serve if this was the business model I adapted? How many MORE people could start a life of finding hope with their financial situation and start getting on a budget, save money and pay off debt?
How many? Well – that’s scary too because my business is currently only “Me, Myself and I”.
Could it be overwhelming? Maybe
Could it result in the most number of people I have ever helped in one month since starting the business? Maybe
Could it result in families beginning the process of creating generational change with their finances? I hope so!
I’m willing to take a risk, take a chance and see if it works – are you?
For the ENTIRE month of July, if you have ever considered financial coaching you pay me what you can. I know what you are thinking – you don’t even know where to begin with that number. You won’t want to over pay or underpay. I get that.
Here’s what I have found –
In order to create true change in your life, you have to make an investment of time and money. I know this from my own personal experience and the results I have seen for my clients.
Do you still need a guideline? Here’s my current fee schedule:
$29 per person to teach a class ( at least 5 people ) on Building a Better Budget.
$89 for a one hour personal coaching session.
You may also consider a percentage of your monthly income as payment. What will it be for you? 5%, 7%, 10%?
YOU decide. That’s the point of The Gift Economy.
The important details:
1. Your payment is for one, 1-hour coaching session. This session will include but is not limited to:
short and long term goal setting, creating actionable steps to attain goals and a rough draft budget.
2. Sessions are confidential and can be held in person, over the phone or through google hangout.
3. Couples must attend the session together. This is non-negotiable. If you have a non-cooperative partner, please contact me so I can help you through that.
4. All payments are processed through Paypal. I will know what you paid but no one else will. My promise to you is to provide the same quality and level of service to every single client.
5. This offer expires July 31, 2015. All payments and coaching sessions must be held by that date. My business hours are from 9am-1pm Monday through Friday. I also work some evenings and some Saturdays. I NEVER work on Sundays. My “office” is a coffee shop in New Hanover or Brunswick County. We can also meet over the phone or via google hangout.
If you are ready to “get better” with your finances, to ease your stress and anxiety and to start living a life of financial peace then THIS is your opportunity.
Are you ready? Contact me NOW!