Want to have LESS stress throughout the Holiday season?
It’s super easy! All you have to do is plan ahead and then work the plan!
Here are the 5 upcoming holidays and how to plan ahead to reduce stress – ready?
1. Labor Day Weekend
Whether it be a last minute vacation get away or a cookout with friends, you will need extra money.
Keep that in mind as you complete your mid-month budget review and look forward to the last two weeks of August.
Decorations, candy, costumes – all need to be included in the budget. At this point, you have at least two but maybe 4 paychecks to plan ahead. Decide on a Halloween budget and stick to it! This includes the “after-Halloween” sale on November 1st to prepare for next year’s decorating!
Are you traveling or hosting this year? You have either 3 or 6 paychecks to budget from so you need to start thinking about your budget for this Holiday NOW.
Traveling? Be sure to factor in extra gas or flight and a rental car, maybe even a hotel and extra meals out.
Hosting? You’ll have extra mouths to feed so the grocery budget needs to increase. Are you going out for entertainment? Is everyone staying at your house, too? Don’t forget that water and electric bills go UP when company comes over so be ready for that December utility bill.
We’ve been paying Cash for Christmas since 2010. We set the budget and STICK to it!
Things to consider –
1. Does EVERYONE need a present?
2. Create lists: Family, friends, co-workers, service people ( hairdresser, mail carrier, trash pickup, etc)
3. Are you mailing out cards? Don’t forget to include postage in the budget!
4. Are you traveling or hosting? (see tips under Thanksgiving)
5. Have kids? In our house, the boys get THREE gifts each because that’s all the wise men brought for baby Jesus. They get a NEED, a WANT and something that makes them still believe in Santa (i.e. “expensive” item that Mom and Dad would never spend money on)
Get your ENVELOPES and start planning your budget. PAY CASH for items and then you will not have the stress of credit card bills arriving in January!
Do you need some budgeting help? Fill out the form and we’ll schedule your FREE initial consultation over the phone.
Do you have a money-saving tip for the Holiday season? I’d love to read it and I’m sure others will too! Leave a comment below!
Do you know someone who needs these tips? Feel free to share using any of the buttons below!