One of the responses I most frequently get to the suggestion of cutting down the “eating out” part of the budget is “I don’t have time to cook at home.”
Well, you can either MAKE time to eat at home OR continue spending extra time and money going to the drive thru. For the past few weeks, I have been posting dinner ideas and recipes on my twitter and Instagram accounts. (Both handles are MelissatheCoach).
Some things you should know:
1. This is real life not just some theory on what I would feed my family for dinner.
2. The pictures are real! Pic taken right after I have plated the food and we are about to sit down to eat it.
3. No, they are not always the healthiest of meals or the most inexpensive.
4. Yes, posting helps to keep me accountable to add some veggies for dinner.
5. Yes, my kids eat what I make for dinner. If they don’t like the first two bites, they can have cereal.
Additionally, you should know that our kids are a little older – not quite teenagers but not so young that they cannot be independent. MOST of the time, they are engaged in doing homework or some other independent activity while I am making dinner.
If you have twitter or Instagram, make sure you follow me so you, too can learn to eat MORE at home, saving you time and money!
Twitter link is HERE
Instagram link is HERE
Come follow me and see what I made in the Crock pot for TONIGHT’s dinner!
Do you have a quick and easy dinner recipe to share? Please feel free to share it in the comments below!